Work at Kensington Private Hospital
Demand for private surgical services in Northland has grown exponentially over the past four years. In view of this, we are expanding too. Keep reading to learn about Kensington Private Hospital, benefits we offer and life in subtropical Northland.
Attractive Sign On Packages
- Competitive remuneration
- Long service leave entitlements
- Relocation costs may be available
Staff health insurance
Kensington Private Hospital is strongly committed to the wellness of its staff and to ensuring they can access reliable, timely healthcare when needed. KPH will contribute $2000* per annum towards health insurance costs.
- Eligibility | Staff whose contracted hours are 0.6FTE or greater and who have been employed for six months or more.
- Contribution | *$2,000 per year less tax, KiwiSaver, ACC levies and student loan payments. After these deductions, most staff will receive $1,400 – $1,600 per year. The 20% staff discount on the Hospital fee
component of surgery performed at KPH will continue in addition to this initiative and can be used towards any co-payments or excess applied by the insurance company.
Flexible working arrangements
- Part time, full time and job shares
Career development opportunities
- Ongoing clinical education
- Nursing Council approved professional development and recognition programme (PDRP). Achievements rewarded with remuneration.
- Personalised career development pathways.
- Subsidised professional training courses and conferences.
Boost is an exclusive employee benefits program that gives you access to special offers an discounts from some of New Zealand’s favourite brands and retailers.
Click here for more a sample of brands and retailers included.
Southern Cross Health Society
Discounts on premiums for health insurance.
Special personal banking packages to help make your money go further.
20% off hospital fees for staff, their partner/spouse and dependant children.
Staff functions and celebrations
- Annual Christmas function
- Hospital celebrations
- Staff work anniversaries and milestones.
- Annual closure – our facility is closed every Christmas and new year which enables our staff to enjoy a well deserved break.
We pride ourselves on having a supportive, professional, caring and proactive team. Our nursing staff provide a valuable contribution to patients treatment and are selected not only for their clinical ability but also for their friendly and caring approach. During a patients stay we aim to provide them with excellent quality surgical care backed up with exceptional nursing care and service. Throughout a patients time with us, all of our staff strive to make the visit as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Kensington Private Hospital is Northlands only Private Surgical Hospital offering a wide variety of surgical specialities. The facility opened in 2001 with three operating theatres and a 19 bed inpatient suite. We now have five operating theatres and a 21 bed in patient suite with plans for further expansion
We are located in the beautiful Northland region which provides an abundance of lifestyle opportunities based around beautiful coastlines and a rich cultural heritage. With over 100 beaches in Whangārei District alone, swimming, boating and diving opportunities abound. The area is rich in Maori tradition and was one of the earliest regions settled by Europeans.
Northland has a subtropical climate and the highest average annual temperature in New Zealand. In summer, day temperatures range between 22°C and 28°C while in winter night-time minimums may drop to around 7°C.
To learn more about living and working in Northland, visit www.northlandnz.com