We encourage visitors to support their loved ones while they are at Kensington Hospital. While we ensure that we look after all our patients with the best possible care, there’s nothing like whanau or support from friends to aide with their recovery.
- We offer free tea and coffee.
- Free parking is available on the street.
- Inpatient gifts or flowers can be sent to our reception.
Visitors are welcome between 8am and 7pm.
If you would like to arrange a visit outside of these times, please contact us – phone 09 437 9075.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak:
• everyone must report to Reception on arrival to be screened and complete a register.
Please do not visit Kensington Hospital if you or any of your close contacts has:
• returned from the Wider Auckland Region or Overseas within the last 14 days
• had a fever, respiratory symptoms or infection
• had any loss of taste and/or changes to sense of smell
• had to quarantine or isolate
• been previously tested for COVID-19
• been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
A number of motels, restaurants, cafés, supermarkets, and takeaway outlets are located within a short distance of the Hospital.
Hotels and Motels
85 Kamo Road | Phone 09 437 0555
67 Kamo Road | Phone 09 437 6359
Burgundy Rose Motel
100 Kamo Road | Phone 09 437 3500
A 5 star motel only a 5 minute drive from the Hospital.
361 Western Hills Drive | Phone 09 438 0404
Or try the idyllic Tutukaka Coast – only a 30 minute drive
Quality Hotel Oceans Resort
1 Marina Road, Tutukaka | Phone 09 470 2290
Pacific Rendezvous Resort Motel
73 Motel Road, Tutukaka | Phone 09 434 3847
The Sands Motel (Whangaumu Bay)
48 Whangaumu Street, Tutukaka | Phone 09 434 3747
Supermarkets (10-15 minute walk)
New World Regent
167 Bank Street
11 Kamo Road
Restaurants & Takeaways (within 5 minute walk)
Suk Jai Thai
93 Kamo Road | Phone 09 437 7287
Red Mexi Casa
3 Kensington Avenue | Phone 09 459 5380 | Takeout 0800 7337 4992
1/95 Kamo Road | Phone 09 437 3068
Gluten free and Keto options available.
26 Davies Street | Phone 09 459 4988
74 Kamo Road | Phone 09 437 7511
Fuel – Z Kensington
Corner of Kamo Road and Nixon Street